Hola from Cabo, well not really! lol I’m back in overcast skies, rain, and humid South Florida, but currently dreaming of my days in beautiful Mexico. After a week in LA (LA diaries will be posted soon) we flew to Cabo and there are no words to describe how incredible it was.
We, ok so let me explain who We is. That would be the boyfriend, his sister Amanda who also has a blog called Get On My Chic, his other sister, fitness guru Nicole and his parents. We were celebrating the BF’s birthday! P A R T A Y! Now that you know who all was on the trip I’m sure you can just imagine how much luggage and how loud we were in the airport.
We checked into the One and Only and the property is magical. The staff greeted us with homemade coconut and mango popsicles then escorted us around the property and to our rooms. With 5 restaurants to choose from Seared, Suviche, Pelican Beach Grill, Agua, and Breeze your outfit options are endless. If you visit make sure to check out the Chapel on the hill at the property not only are the views amazing but the Chapel is so quaint and cute.
I pack my clients all the time and for each destination always have a few key pieces that are a must. I listed below my must haves for traveling not just to Cabo, but Mexico in general.
- A One piece with a sarong or pull on skirt. It works if you are going sightseeing or just hanging by the pool.
- Day to night dresses, think a maxi dress for day and a sandal then dress it up with a wedge or a block heel for night. No need to over pack.
- A Shawl, in the evening it can be chilly so a wrap is a must.
- Statement Earring. Have a one pair of fabulous earrings that you can wear with those off the shoulder tops and dresses.
- A festive clutch. Bring on the colors and pom poms.
Things To Do:
One of the most beautiful things about Cabo is if you go at the right time you can see the whales migrating. It’s unbelievable how massive these creatures are and I was so lucky to be able to check it off my bucket list. If you have time you should also check out the horse back riding on the beach. We went at sunset and it was just the boyfriend and I plus our guide. The sunset and cool weather made for quite the romantic night. If your nervous about getting on the horse like I was, I suggest a shot of tequila before you go, ok maybe to;)